Think there's a wine that we should try? Post a comment under any of the reviews, we'll try to get it and review it!

Friday, January 28, 2011

Cupcake Vineyards

Chardonnay
California
2009

Made in California's central Coast.  This is a dryer chardonnay with some hints of vanilla and citrus.  Is not as buttery or sweet as other chardonnays.

Colin:  I was surprised.  I didn't think I would like this wine.  It was dryer and has a great finish - very light and airy.  IT is not a bold Chardonnay.  Recommend by itself.
Rating:  7 out of 10 glasses.

Rachel:  I like this chardonnay better after it's been chilled and open in the fridge for one night ("sealed").  It is a dryer, less sweet chardonnay, but still tastes good.  No bad notes in the wine, but nothing to really make it stand out.  I like it - I just don't love it.  This would be good with fresh bread and cheese.
Rating:  5 out of 10 glasses.

Where can I find it?
Was gifted to us - but I've seen it at Bev-Mo and I think you can find it at other supermarkets.

Cost: $9.99 at Bev-Mo

No comments:

Post a Comment