Think there's a wine that we should try? Post a comment under any of the reviews, we'll try to get it and review it!

Friday, April 22, 2011

Rabbit Ridge

Allure de Robles (Rhone Style red wine)
California
2009

This dark red wine is made in a "Cotes du Rhone style."  It is a medium-bodied wine that contains three different kinds of grapes:  Grenache, Syrah, Mourvedre.  It has notes of raspberries, blackberries, black currant, and pepper that all work well together.  It says that it can withhold a variety of foods to be paired with - and with three different kinds of grapes, we believe it.

Colin:  I love this wine - it is really good.  It contains everything I like about red wine.  It's hardy like a meal - you could cut it with a knife.  I do think that the finish is a little sharp, but that doesn't really affect my rating of this wine.
Rating: 9 out of 10 glasses

Rachel:  Upon first sip, I didn't even want to taste this wine aerated because it was so delicious.  It's bold, has a bite, and still has a very fruity flavor.  This is a great stand alone wine, but it paired well with out pasta dinner.  I would rate it higher if it was a smoother finish, instead of the finishing "kick."  But I still highly recommend it as a good, inexpensive bottle.
Rating:  8 out of 10 glasses

Aerate:  Colin - No // Rachel - No

Where can I find it?
We got it at Trader Joe's.  You can also find it on their website:
http://www.rabbitridgewinery.com/

Cost:  Trader Joe's: $6.99  Their website:  $8.00

No comments:

Post a Comment