Think there's a wine that we should try? Post a comment under any of the reviews, we'll try to get it and review it!

Friday, August 5, 2011

Ecco Domani

Pinot Grigio
Italy
2009

The bottle boasts floral and tropical fruit aromas with a crisp, refreshing taste.  And its not too far off.  This is a decently cheap wine, found at most grocery stores in Los Angeles - and it pairs amazingly well with sushi.

Colin:  I would say that this is my favorite Grigio.  I love it with sushi and fish, as it is the perfect companion.  Most whites have a bad finish for me, and this one doesn't.  I enjoy its lingering fruity, buttery taste in my mouth.
Rating: 9 out of 10 glasses (when compared to other Grigios)

Rachel:  It has a somewhat sour, fruit smell, but don't let that fool you - the flavors are incredible.  It has a slightly buttery taste of a Chardonnay, while still retaining the crisp and sharp taste of a Grigio.  I think this is why this remains one of my favorite Grigios that I've had to date.  Definitely has pear and floral notes, I think this is good for any wine drinker - red or white lovers.
Rating:  9 out of 10 glasses

Aerate: No

Cost:  This ranges in stores from $6.99 - $9.99, but it's almost always under $10.

Where can I find it?  Ecco Domani's website has a nice wine finder on it (they will tell you if a retailer sells it near you!)  Which is absolutely fantastic.

1 comment:

  1. Ecco domani is a great wine, one of my favorite pg's. It is greay to hand out as wine gifts during the holidays.

    ReplyDelete