Think there's a wine that we should try? Post a comment under any of the reviews, we'll try to get it and review it!

Friday, March 4, 2011

Castillo di Amorosa

Gioia - Rosato di Sangiovese
Napa Valley, California
2009

This is a dry rose from Sangiovese grapes.  Very fruity and light, great for summer, best served chilled.

Colin:  I highly dislike rose in general. To me, they are the trashy cousin of a good wine.  I would not go out of my way to drink a rose, but this one has a few redeeming qualities.  All around it is executed well, from it's initial fruity taste to the grigio-esque finish, but I can't get over the fact that I'm drinking alcoholic Hawaiian punch.
Rating: 2 out of 10 glasses

Rachel:  I like this rose because it has a bunch of different tastes for your palette.  It's a very casual wine and very sweet..  I call this the wine for people that don't like wine, because it's full of fruit flavors, has virtually no aftertaste, and is very light.
Rating:  5 out of 10 glasses

Where can I find it?
Castillo di Amorosa exclusive.  You can get it from their website here.  You will not find this one in stores.

Cost: $22.00

No comments:

Post a Comment